Printed circuit boards (PCB) are units of unified electronic constituents, which are situated in devices such as pagers, beepers, remote controls, and many more. The circuits are composed of thin-layered conductive prints on top of the insulating board, which is usually called the substrate. Each electronic constituent is positioned on top of the substrate.
Components are soldered to be attached with the interconnecting circuits. Circuits on PCBs may perform multiple functions depending on the type of device.
A PCB assembly involves using different circuit boards, which are interconnected with each other. It is possible to make printed circuit boards at your house. After doing the map of circuit pathways in a PCB CAD application, the map is transported to another editing program. In this program, the image may be upturned or mirrored. Then, it will be printed on a piece of paper with a real life scale. Commonly, PCB CAD applications enable the user to highlight the circuit pathways using bright colors. By doing this, the pattern may be printed straightly on a transport medium that will be pasted on the final circuit board. The quality of the PCB assembly depends on the printed layout.To know more about printed circuit boards go through Pcbnet.
Materials to be used:
- PCB CAD application
• Press N Peel colored printed circuit board transport film
• Photo editing program
• Photosensitive PCBs
- Design your own printed circuit tracks using the PCB CAD application. It is advisable to make one circuit track at a time. In this way, you could easily locate the route of the circuits you have made.
- In the PCB CAD application, click the view menu and go to “Options”. Disable the grid function. If you will not print the top layer, disable the “view top copper portion”. If you will not print the bottom layer, then turn off the “view bottom copper portion”. Then, disable the silkscreen layers and corners.
- In the same menu, go to the “colors” tab. Select “background” and choose white. Now, go to the “top layer” menu and choose black. Then, proceed to the “bottom layer” menu and again, choose black. Click the “board edges” menu and choose black for easy printing alignment and drilling guide. Click “OK” button. After that, the circuit illustration working window will illustrate the copper circuit tracks in black.
- Enlarge the circuit board image until it fits the screen. On the keyboard, press the print screen button to have a snapshot of the circuit board.
- Open your photo editing application. In this guide, assume that you are using the paint program. Go to the “Edit” menu and click the “paste” option. The snapshot of the circuit board will be pasted on the working window of the application. Cut the excess edges in the picture, leaving only the design for the circuit board. Now, flip the image by using the “mirror image” feature of the application. Never use the “rotate” feature since it will not generate the appropriate design for the circuit board.
- Place a single piece of the printed circuit board transport film in the printer. Print out the circuit board design you have edited a while ago using the paint application onto the film. Now, the PCB assembly is already finished.
Here are some suggestions you must keep in mind when printing circuit boards.
- You can download the PCB CAD application from the internet for free. One of the popular software’s you can use for free is the Cad Soft Eagle.
- For the transfer film, you can opt to use the Jet Print multi-project photo paper and the Peel n’ Press films. They are suitable for printing circuit board designs.
This step-by-step process is done during the PCB assembly.
|If you are planning to make an electronic project. Pcbnet is your one stop solution to know more details, so you can visit our website- pcbnet.com and contact with us.|